Bethlehem, PA (December, 2014) – Just in time for your holiday parties is MIKE AND IKE® Merry Mix and MIKE AND IKE® Minion Mix. Also available during the holiday season only will be the MIKE AND IKE® Original Fruits and HOT TAMALES® Fierce Cinnamon Stocking Stuffers.
5oz HTC Stocking Stuffer Design 2 HorizontalMI Merry Mix 14ozMIKE AND IKE® Merry Mix comes in a 14 oz bag, perfect for all your home and office holiday parties. This holiday favorite includes original flavors Lime and Cherry, plus a seasonal flavor, Holiday Punch. The red and green colors of Merry Mix add even more festiveness to the season. SRP for Merry Mix is $2.50 - $3.00 for the 14 oz bag. MIKE AND IKE® Original Fruits theater box stocking stuffer comes in a 5 oz box making it an ideal stocking stuffer for all candy lovers on your holiday shopping list. HOT TAMALES® Fierce Cinnamon also offers a 5 oz theater box stocking stuffer of cinnamon candy with holiday themed messaging and graphics on the packaging. The SRP for the 5 oz boxes of MIKE AND IKE® Original Fruits and HOT TAMALES® Fierce Cinnamon is $1.00 - $1.39. Both package designs include extra space to add a name for the recipient and sender to truly personalize your delicious candy gift.
To celebrate the success of the wildly popular movie franchise, MIKE AND IKE® has created a limited edition Minion Mix that will only be available during the holiday season.
MI-MINIONS-StuartMIKE AND IKE® Minion Mix is available in a 5 oz box and comes with 3 different designs on pack – making it a collectable item for every Minion lover. Made with real fruit juice, fans will enjoy the sweet and tasty goodness of Blue Raspberry and Banana flavors. SRP for the 5 oz box is $1.00 - $1.39.
“The holidays are a fun time to share sweets and try new recipes,” says Koren Ivie, Brand Manager for MIKE AND IKE® and HOT TAMALES® candy. “We wanted to provide our fans with fun recipes to enjoy these candies with family and friends!”
In the spirit of the holidays, create and sample some tasty recipes featuring MIKE AND IKE® and HOT TAMALES® candies for your next holiday party. Try these recipes created by Chef Jamie Geller as part of her recent alliance with the leading candy brands.
HOT TAMALES® Snickerdoodles
Servings: 2 dozen
· 1/2 cup (4 oz) HOT TAMALES®Fierce Cinnamon candies, coarsely chopped*
· 1/4 cup (2 oz) salted margarine, softened
· 1/4 cup (2 oz) shortening (I use Spectrum Organic)
· 3/4 cups (5.6 oz) granulated sugar
· 1 egg
· 1 1/2 cups (6.75 oz) all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
· 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
· pinch of salt (increase to 1/4 tsp if using unsalted margarine)
· 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
· 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
*The best way to chop it is with a lightly oiled knife.
1. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Using an electric mixer, cream together the margarine, shortening and ¾ cups sugar. Add the egg and beat until thoroughly combined.
3. In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients (except the candy) into the creamed mixture and mix until just combined. Add the chopped candy and mix until the candy is evenly distributed, a few minutes more.
4. Refrigerate the dough for at least 15 minutes (this makes it easier to handle).
5. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
6. Combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Form dough into balls the size of small walnuts (I use a tablespoon cookie scoop). Roll the balls of cookie dough in the cinnamon sugar.
7. Place the cookies two inches apart on the cookie sheets. Bake for 8 minutes, rotating the cookie sheets in the oven at the halfway point. They are done when they look puffed in the middle and slightly brown at the edges (the tops of the cookies will form cracks). Be careful not to overcook.
8. Remove cookie sheet from the oven and let cookies sit on it for another minute or so before removing to cooling rack; cookies will flatten out as they cool.
9. These cookies are best served warm, straight out of the oven, but they can be stored in an airtight container for up to two days.
MIKE AND IKE® Crispy Rice Cereal Treats
· 1 ½ cups (13 oz) MIKE AND IKE® Original Fruits candies, coarsely chopped*
· 3 tablespoons (1.5 oz, 42g) margarine
· 10 oz (280 g) marshmallows
· 1/2 cup (1.7 oz, 48 g) marshmallow fluff
· 6 cups (5.7 oz, 160g) crisp rice cereal
*The best way to chop it is with a lightly oiled knife.
1. Grease a 9 X 13 pan and set aside.
2. Combine the marshmallows and margarine in a large microwave safe bowl.
3. Place the cereal and candy in another bowl and toss well to combine. Set aside.
4. Microwave the marshmallows and margarine for one minute.
5. Remove from the microwave and stir to combine. If the marshmallows are not fully melted return to the microwave and cook for 30 seconds at a time until they are fully melted.
6. Stir in the fluff and mix well. Add the candy and cereal mixture and stir until combined.
7. Turn the mixture out into the prepared pan. Let cool, then cut into squares.
About Just Born Quality Confections
Just Born Quality Confections is a privately owned company founded in 1923 and headquartered in Bethlehem, PA, where it manufactures PEEPS®, HOT TAMALES® and MIKE AND IKE® Brand Candies. GOLDENBERG’S® PEANUT CHEWS® Brand Candies are produced in Philadelphia, PA. All Just Born candies are made in the U.S.A.
For more information on The Return of Mike and Ike™, new flavors and upcoming programs, visit www.mikeandike.com and make sure to “like” us on Facebook by logging onto www.facebook.com/mikeandike.