Not to alarm you, but Christmas Eve is two months away! I don't know about you, but I absolutely dread heading to the store for gift shopping. I dread it even more the closer it gets to the holidays. This year, I'm feeling more determined than ever to finish my shopping before "Black Friday", and I have a few tips that I will be using to help.
1. Remember not to go overboard. A few years ago I read a post that suggested buying 4 types of items for your children: Something they want, something they need, something to wear, and something to read. The same can be applied to almost anybody on your shopping list.
2. Sign up to receive store e-mails. As much as I don't like my inbox being overflowing with store e-mails, I do like seeing "get 20% off" offers. I subscribe only to stores that I already shop at, and end up taking advantages of deals during the holidays, summer, and back to school!
3. Follow pages that share deals. I have a few favorites like Free Tastes Good, Freebie Mom, and of course The Crazy Coupon Chick!
4. Enter contests. You do have to be careful, as some "giveaway sites" are not at all honest, but there are many reputable online contests like Amazon's Giveaways . You can also find a great list of giveaways right here on Mommy's Block Party (I can't enter these, but YOU CAN!).
5. Check the Holiday Gift Guides. If you have a few people on your list that you aren't quite sure what to buy, check out a few Holiday Gift Guides. You can start with ours here: Mommy's Block Party Holiday Gift Guide 2017. Be sure to keep checking back, as more great products are being added throughout the season!
How do you deal with holiday gift shopping? If you have tips, we'd love to hear them!