If you are running out of ideas for a healthy children's snack, then I am here to help you out. As a parent, I know that frustrating feeling when you can't satisfy the appetite of your kids. Of course, I can't just give them junk and other processed foods that are deemed to cause some infringements on their bodies.
Most of the time, kids are trying to veer away to the healthy options. They have this conception that these treats are not as tasty as the chips and chocolate bars they can buy on the market. Well, it is our role to change that surly idea. If you can prepare a healthy recipe, such as this homemade chicken nugget, you can really change the tides in the kitchen.
Healthy Chicken Nugget Recipe
There are various ways you can prepare nuggets. One of the most favorite recipes out there is the corn nuggets. But this time, I will you a more familiar nugget recipe. The chicken nugget is absolutely a delectable treat, worthy of being consumed by both young and old!
- Chicken breast fillets (3 pieces)
- Plain flour (1/2 cup)
- Eggs (2 pieces)
- Fresh bread (4 slices)
- Cornflake crumbs (1/3 cup)
- Parmesan cheese (1/3 cup)
- Mayonnaise (1/2 cup)
- Sweet chili sauce (2 tablespoons)
1. Start by tearing the bread and process the pieces to a food processor. In this way, you can make fine and smooth crumbs. Set the breadcrumbs aside.
2. Next, slice the chicken breasts into small pieces.
3. Pour the flour onto the baking paper. Spread evenly. Coat all the bite-size chicken pieces here. Don't forget to dust off excess flour.
4. Use a small bowl to whisk the eggs. Once done, add the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and cornflake crumbs. This mixture will serve as the final coating of your floured chicken. Coat well, ensuring that the crumbs will be able to stick on the surface of the chicken breasts.
5. After the above procedure put the chicken pieces on a baking tray covered with a baking paper. Place the tray in your refrigerator for around 30 minutes. While doing this, start preheating your oven to 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. If the oven is ready, put the baking tray there and let the chicken be baked for around 10 minutes or until such time they will become bonafide chicken nuggets!
7. Combine the sweet chili sauce and mayonnaise. They will serve as the tasty sauce for this treat. You can allow your kids to do this for you. Serve the nuggets afterward. Enjoy!
This particular nugget recipe is a great appetizer. You can serve this before eating lunch or dinner. In this way, the appetite of your children won't decline easily! It is a great combo if you are preparing a vegetable-based recipe. Because the appetite of your kids is already insatiable, they would certainly eat anything that you would put on their table.
But of course, you can still prepare this treat whenever your kids want them. After all, there is no point on hesitating. These chicken nuggets are guaranteed healthy and delicious!
Hello! Rose here! I am a full-pledge mother and a kitchen warrior at the same time. I created the GimmeTasty.com blog so that I can share my cooking knowledge to each interested individuals out there. If you want to catch up with my culinary adventures, just visit and subscribe to my site! I am excited to see you there!