I know I'm always trying to make a delicious gravy to go along with my mashed potatoes and especially if I'm making cubed steak.
I have finally been able to make some decent gravy using this method:
- Cook the steaks in a pan until done
- Remove steaks
- Add a splash of red wine to deglaze the pan *Keep the heat on medium*
- Add two tablespoons of butter and a little flour to make a rouix
- Stir this until it gets clumpy
- Add milk a little at a time, constantly stirring
- Once it is thick and gravy like, add salt and pepper to taste
I've done this successfully three times in a row now!
What little tips do you have? I'm always looking for ways to improve my cooking :)