Sometimes the best recipes are the ones you just make up. It makes it even better when they turn out easy, and without a giant mess of pots and pans. This recipe actually came to me from one of my best friends who I trade recipes with. As busy moms we absolutely love our "one pot" recipes! All the picky eaters in my house ate this right up, and if you double the recipe (like I have to do for every recipe), you should have leftovers for lunches throughout the week.
Amanda's Sausage, Shrimp, and Rice One Pot
1 Hillshire Farm Beef Kielbasa link
1/2 pound raw shrimp, deveined
1 14oz can diced tomatoes
2 cups cooked white rice
1 tsp cumin
1 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp dried flat leaf parsley
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Slice sausage and cook in olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat just until it's browned.
- Once cooked, add cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes with liquid. Stir. Season with more salt and pepper if necessary and don't be afraid to add more cumin or chili powder if needed.
- Simmer for 5 minutes
- Add raw shrimp, cover, and let it steam in the pan for another 5-7 minutes or until the shrimp is pink.
- Add the two cups of white rice. Stir it all to combine. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately
Makes 4 servings
We hope you'll give this recipe a try with your family this week! You won't be disappointed!
Have a terrific Tuesday!