Happy summer readers! I hope you're all having a wonderful summer season and that it's warm and fun wherever you are!
One of our favorite things to do during the summer is grill, I'm sure like many of you! Grilling is the easiest way to keep the house cool in the summer time while still being able to get a nice hot meal. Whether it's chicken or beef, hot dogs or veggies, grilling is awesome!
One of the issues with grilling though is your grill always gets dirty. After you cook on it there's bits of stuck on food. And if your like us you keep it outside so it's covered with anything from the elements around it. Hopefully today I can help you with those problems.
Here are some of the ways that we like to keep our grill clean:
1. Use a grill cover. This keeps the rain and the dust and anything else out of your backyard off of your grill.
2. Clean the grease trap. This keeps animals and other insects away from your grill.
3. Use aluminum foil on top of the grill before you cook. This is like why you would use aluminum foil in a pan. It keeps the meat from sticking to your grill. Unfortunately though, this means no fancy grill marks.
4. If you're out of aluminum foil, or you want those fancy grill marks, spray the grill before you use it with any sort of cooking spray. Make sure you spray before the flames are on for your safety.
5. Get a hard wire brush and scrub down your grill as soon as you're done using it that way it's still warm and the meat isn't as stuck as it would be say an hour or two later or even the next time you go to use it.