Featured Slider

Loose Ends...

It has come to my attention that it has been quite a while since my last entry. Sorry for the delay- we've had quite a lot going on in our twenty-something lives lately. Here's a quick recap of the past few weeks:

After Sacha's grad recital, I hopped a ride home to Salisbury with Gretchen, Heidi and Diane. I had a check up I had to be in town for that Wednesday. Mom took me to my appt. and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time- AMAZING. Sounded healthy and strong, and Dr. Pitson was very pleased. I enjoyed my time at home with mom and dad, and Gram and Missy Molly. We celebrated dad's birthday while I was home- gave him an iPod. Had a great time being at church and leading worship with the team.

Mom and Gram brought me back up to MD, and they helped me start packing. The packing seems endless. Every day, I'm tossing, sorting, wondering how we've accumulated so much stuff within 2 1/2 years of marriage. The walls here are bare- boxes are everywhere and there's still much to be done. We're trying to take care of switching over utilities from 400 miles away, and that's proven to be difficult- but we're getting it done.

Sacha is busier than EVER! He has so many things going on these next couple of weeks that I can't keep anything straight- guess it's that 'forgetfulness' all the pregnancy books talk so much about. Chances are, I wouldn't be able to keep it straight even if I weren't pregnant.

Donna and Willi came up for a visit this past weekend. We all went to Sacha's last symphony orchestra concert at UMD on Friday night- they played Beethoven's Fifth and Symphonie Fantastique. Best concert I've heard at UMD since Sacha started playing with them, for sure! Saturday was busy- Sacha had to work, so Donna, Willi and myself went to the Amish Market for a late breakfast and to scope out the fresh goods. From there, we headed down the road to Montpelier Mansion, for the Festival of Herbs and Teas. The grounds were beautiful- and so was the mansion. It was cool in the shade- but SUPER HOT with no cloud cover! We enjoyed the fest for a could of hours- I had to take a time out b/c my feet started swelling (not nice, or cool or fun!) After that, we picked Sacha up at the apt. and headed to Baltimore. If I had to choose a favorite place around here- one I'll actually miss, it's Baltimore. I love that city. There was an Orioles game going on, so the city was packed...to be expected. They were playing the Red Sox- my baseball nemesis! Would have gladly cheered for the O's, had we been at the game. We walked around Federal Hill, the harbor, and made our way to Pratt St. Ale House for dinner- best burgers in the city! Not as much fun when you can't drink their beer...but the burger was worth the walk and the wait! Headed home around 7:30, and watched The Blindside together b/c Sach and I hadn't seen it yet. Loved it! Sacha said he almost teared up a time or two. :) Headed out to breakfast on Sunday morning- Donna and Willi with some of our boxes in tow, and then we had to say 'goodbye' to the grandparents...soon to be great grandparents. We'll be seeing them in less than 2 weeks, though!

And that's pretty much what we've been up to recently. My belly is growing...and so is some of the rest of me, sad to say- I assume necessary, though. Thought I'd post a pic of the little cutie house we'll be living in for at least the next year. We're happy with it and can't wait to be moved in. Counting the days, indeed!

So, there you have it. Can't wait to put out the summer flag and get some flowers and make the porch all cute and stuff. You know me...the outside is what gets decorated FIRST! :)

That's it for now- promise to keep everyone posted on what's going on with us.

No comments

We love hearing from you! Thanks for leaving us some comment love! If you're a new follower, please leave your link, so we can follow you back!

Sleep Tight with Sweet Night!

New Year Sale - Up to 40% OFF